Gone are the days when you can just sit back and enjoy life as it comes. Today, most of our lives are filled with stress, heavily processed foods, and very little time to even enjoy each other’s company in our homes. Because of the rather fast-paced nature of modern life, we tend to choose those that give us instant gratification. You know pretty well that being healthy requires more than just going instant.
The key to becoming healthier in 2016 is to integrate a few things into your daily routine. You do not need to be grand about things because even the small ones can matter.
• Add an extra glass of water to your current daily water intake. This should help replenish fluids in your body to ensure cells are functioning more efficiently.
• Add two servings each of fresh fruits and vegetables to your daily diet. Eat raw and natural as these are densely-packed with nutrients and antioxidants to help your body fight oxidative stress. Avoid dehydrated fruits and frozen vegetables. It is not that frozen vegetables are bad but you will have to thaw and cook them eventually thus diminishing their nutrient value.
• Smile more often. Smiling stretches some of the muscles in your head to improve blood flow. Additionally, you will feel much better about yourself as well as your relationship with others.
• Devote an hour or two of just walking. Maybe you need to buy something and it is not considerably far from your home, walk instead of taking your car. Walking helps you develop muscle tone and improves cardiovascular functioning.
• Sleep one hour earlier than usual. Sleep is your body’s way of recharging itself after a long day at work. This should give it plenty of time to repair damaged tissues and help create new cells that will be naturally healthier.
• Devote an hour of me-time. You can take your favorite book with you as you sit by your porch. Or even, designate a small space in your house where you will not be disturbed for one hour. Use this time to relax your mind and reflect on the day that you had.
• Spend at least two hours of family activity, whether dining together or watching your favorite films
together. This addresses your social health needs as well as maintain the close-knit ties among the members of your family.
These may not seem like much. But, if you do put in the effort of doing these every single day, you will be much healthier by the time 2016 is at the half. The most important factor in life is health and so you must take everything about it seriously. From eating habits to exercise, you have to pay attention to anything that will make you live healthily.